PS3 Problem

So I did end up getting a shiny new PlayStation 3 for Christmas (yay!). And on the day I also received ‘Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destructions.’ I was happy, as I loved this series on the PS2, and had all the games. As this was the only game I received I decided I would play that game first. Well after setting up everything on the PS3 (fairly efficient and easy), I inserted the game to see a message saying there was insufficient space on the HDD for this game (just 400 or so MB). What?!
Well it appears that this version of Ratchet and Clank has a bug in the disk, a glitch if you will, where if there is nothing on the HDD then it reads it as being over full (thanks Google!). But with no other games on that day I had to resort to downloading demos (500 MB’s worth) before being able to play my very first PS3 game.
From Insomniac:
"We recently discovered a bug on the US version of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction that some of you may encounter the first time you boot the game. With specific amounts of free space on your drive, you may see a screen that tells you [you] have insufficient space to create game data even though there is plenty of free space on your drive."
-Insomniac Games community manager James Stevenson

I can only image the frustrations for all those first time PS3 users when Ratchet and Clank first came out, and this information was not available on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment